Lint Build Up Caused Dryer Fire in ND

FARGO, N.D. -- A reminder to keep your clothes dryer free from lint.

Early Saturday morning, residents of an apartment on Amber Valley Parkway South had to evacuate due to a small fire burning inside a dryer.

The Fargo Fire Department quickly extinguished it.

They found it was caused by a build-up of lint and excessive heat.

According to the National Fire Protection Association, the leading cause of home clothes dryer and washer fires is failure to clean them.

It says make sure to clean the lint before or after each load of laundry, and turn the dryer off when you leave home or go to bed.

http://www.wdaz.com/news/4152966-lint-build-causes-dryer-fire

Dryer Vent Wizard of Summit County is a Screened & Approved HomeAdvisor Pro
Better Business Bureau Accredited Business
HomeAdvisor Elite Pro - Dryer Vent Wizard of Summit County